Duratherm has developed a series of standard cable heater configurations featuring high performance, sleeve molded thermoset and high strength molded and crimped transitions. These new transitions feature an integral molded on metal sleeves or machined transition fittings providing the durability and heat resistance required for all cable heater applications while reducing cable heater cost. High temperature thermoset resin fully encapsulates the critical cable and lead connection area. These transition constructions provide excellent mechanical protection and dramatically improved moisture resistance. The seal protects the element from contamination during operation and minimizes moisture absorption during storage.
These high temperature metal sleeved molded transitions are available with resin rated at 800° F. (427° C.) continuous and can be supplied molded with a 900° F. (482° C.) rated thermoset material when required.
These molded transitions offer premium performance in a low cost approach to cable heater lead termination.
Features of the new molded transition include the following:
1. Lower cost – Molding operation eliminates many manual operations required for potted style transitions.
2. Superior seal – Total encapsulation of cable to lead connection provides excellent resistance to moisture. The seal protects the element from contamination during operation and eliminates moisture absorption during storage.
3. Heat resistant – Standard resin materials offer continuous operating temperatures of 800° and 900° F.
4. High strength – Molded transition with the integral metal sleeve is extremely resistant to breakage, provides high pull strengths and is well suited for all cable heater applications.
5. Versatile – Molded cable heater transitions provide a rugged, high performance lead exit system accommodating fiberglass sleeve, wire braid and armor lead protection. Options include molded in fiberglass sleeve and wire braid protection. Existing molds include provisions for all combinations of power leads, thermocouples and ground leads. Our in-house tooling and molding capabilities allows us to offer custom termination systems when required.